Dog

Dog

Friday 2 March 2018

Creativity Challenge - Week 9

Blog 9

I can hardly believe that it is time for another blog. I would like to say “time time flies when you are having fun”, but I assume it has more to do with being busy getting our house ready for sale. It also was a very sad week as a beloved relative passed away.

It took me three more evenings to finish the little rabbit that is now sitting happily on our coffee table and enjoys the nice sunshine and spring preview.

I continued the work on my temperature shawl, which saw the first glimpse of a new colour with Wednesday’s temperature high of almost 10 degrees.

Yesterday, I made some time for painting again. It would have been a wonderful day for plein air painting but right now my focus is on finishing the portrait of Alex and Candy. Alex is turning 13 in April this year and within the last year his age cannot be ignored anymore. I don’t want to miss the opportunity of having my life model around. I continued my work on Alex' legs and chest. I did not touch up Candy. The colour variations are due to the light in the room. Once, the painting is finished, I will take a photo in natural light.


Thank you for reading my blog. If you would like to get more creative, I would like to invite you to my next “Creativity & Me” workshop on March 23, from 1:30pm to 3:30pm at 1270 Kinsella Dr., Cumberland, ON, K4C 1A9. We we will create felted bunnies and Easter eggs. The registration deadline is March 19, 2018. The fee is $ 25, payable by e-transfer to kpeters@domingoinformatics.ca. Please do not hesitate to contact me, if you have any further questions.


No comments:

Post a Comment