Dog

Dog

Friday 16 March 2018

Creativity Challenge - Week 11

Blog 11


This week, we spent March Break at the cottage. Despite the wonderful weather for walks and snowshoeing, I still had a lot of time to work on my projects. I felted about 25 hours to improve my felted dog Alex’s shape. All the parts are now attached firmly to the body, but I could use some more of his fur to make the body a little harder. Right now, it is still softer than my other felted objects. As spring is around the corner, I should be able to collect more fur when Alex’s coat changes for the warmer seasons. Next week, I will use some wool for his snout and glass eyes to bring him to live.

Lotus Flower
The second project was a new demo painting for my painting parties. This 16” x 20” acrylic painting of a lotus flower will be used for the first time for the spring retreat that I am co-hosting with Jackie Leduc from Hikano Yoga Studio in Cumberland on May 6, 2018. I will be able to share more information in the coming weeks.

Red Peonies
Speaking of painting parties, on April 15, from 1:30pm to 3:30pm, I will host a painting party at my house at 1270 Kinsella Drive in Cumberland, ON, K4C 1A9. The price is $35 per person. The registration deadline is April 8, 2018. The maximum number of participants is 12. For this event, I need at least 8 people and a pre-payment by e-transfer to kpeters@domingoinformatics.ca or cheque payable to Kerstin Peters to reserve a spot.

For painting parties outside of my house, I need at least 10 people or a minimum payment of $350 to run the party. This is a wonderful way to have a good time with friends and family. Please contact me at kpeters@domingoinformatics.ca for further information.

Today is also the last day to register for “It All Happens Around The Kitchen”, a lunch time get together on March 22nd, 2018 from 11:30 am to 2 pm in Marie Smith’s kitchen in Orleans. In this interactive workshop we will be preparing and enjoying a delicious soup, while connecting and sharing with other women who are facing the Empty Nesters’ transition, including those that are already familiar with the gap in their lives, and just maybe, those that aren’t even aware that this could be happening to them. Some creative and relaxing doodling is involved.

The seating at the kitchen table is for eight women. The registration fee is $40 and can be paid by e-transfer to
kpeters@domingoinformatics.ca.

For information about other workshops and classes please go to www.KerstinPeters.ca.

  
Thank you for reading my blog. I hope you will forward it to friends and family who are interested in my activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment