Dog

Dog

Friday 9 February 2018

Creativity Challenge - Week 6


Blog 6

I have decided to continue with my Creativity Challenge for at least the next two months. There are things happening in my private life that I will talk about once the vision is clearer, but these plans are challenging me as they might include major changes in my life. Therefore, it is even more important that I make time on a daily basis to be creative and to relax.


On Friday, after realizing that the bunny that I had started for my next workshop would be too challenging and time-consuming, I started out with a simpler version that is very cute and can be accomplished even without any previous experience in felting.

I also continued felting the other bunny. I spent about 30 minutes a day adding layers of different coloured wool and making the body longer. It looks much more like the bunny I had envisioned. Hopefully, I can show you a picture of the finished bunny next week.







On Sunday, I prepared some sketches of the SpongeBob SquarePants characters in preparation for my drawing classes. 





On Tuesday during a planning meeting for an upcoming workshop, my eyes got stuck on the felted water lily. I realized all of a sudden that one of the petals was sticking out because it was not soft white like the others but bright white. It bothered me so much that I could hardly wait to put another layer of wool on top of the petals.

In the evening, during the Cartooning and Comics drawing class, the children were very excited to create their drawings and added even more characters. Here are some examples of their great imagination:





Just to show you that everyone can create something once you found a medium you like,here is a picture of the temperature shawl on which I am working. I saw the idea last year on the Internet. As I had so many remnants of wool from various projects, I decided to try this out this year. Every day, I check the temperature and knit two rows of the colour that I had previously designated for a specific temperatures. For every 5 degrees there is a different colour. Therefore, it is nature who dictates the design. I am curious to see how it will turn out.

Thank you for reading my blog. If you enjoy my blog, I encourage you to sign up to my monthly newsletter that is published on the last Wednesday of every month. Please go to my website www.KerstinPeters.ca where you can sign up on the bottom of every page.

No comments:

Post a Comment