Dog

Dog

Friday 2 February 2018

Creativity Challenge - Week 5

Blog 5

With the first month already behind me, I can say that I am quite happy with the January results, even though I wish I had spent more time painting. I plan to see the inside of my studio more often in the next couple of weeks. Right now, I have a break from my German course, which hopefully will give me some more time to paint.

Last Friday was the first day of the year that I did not create anything. After the well-attended vernissage at the Da Artisti Gallery, I was too tired to start anything when I got home. If you live in the Ottawa area and have not been to Da Artisti Gallery and Studio, I can highly recommend a visit to this welcoming place at 565 Old Montreal Rd, Cumberland, K4C 1A1. The gallery’s opening hours are: Wednesday - Friday: 3:00pm – 9:00pm and Saturday - Sunday: 9:00am – 5:00pm.

On Saturday and Sunday I worked another two hours on the little petals of my water lily which is now finished. At a later time, I might add a lily pad, but for now I am happy with the flower.


















On Monday, I drew a llama to prepare for my Tuesday “Cartooning and Comics” drawing class, and I started felting a little bunny for one of my upcoming workshops.
Tuesday and Wednesday were busy days for me as I wrote, uploaded and published my monthly newsletter. On Tuesday, I created a felted Easter egg to show a preview of my March 23, 2018 Creativity & Me workshop into the newsletter. The workshop runs from 1:30pm to 3:30pm at 1270 Kinsella Drive in Cumberland, ON, K4C 1A9. For more information please contact me be email at kpeters@domingoinformatics.ca. During the workshop we will create felted bunnies and Easter eggs, which will be just in time for Easter.

On Thursday, I was sure I would be able to finish the little bunny for the workshop formerly mentioned, but it turned out that the little creature was a lot harder to form than I had expected and still needs a lot of work.

Have you been busy creating something new? I would like to hear how your January went.

Thank you for reading my blog. If you enjoy my blog, I encourage you to sign up to my monthly newsletter that is published on the last Wednesday of every month. Please go to my website www.KerstinPeters.ca where you can sign up on the bottom of every page.

No comments:

Post a Comment