Dog

Dog

Friday 6 October 2017

Painting Trip to Kamouraska 2017 - Part 3


Blog 41

This is part 3 of my Kamouraska painting trip travelogue. We had a very productive trip, possibly because we had no expectations but to have fun and to enjoy the painting time outside in this beautiful part of Kanada.


Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Today, we had another great day, even if the weather was not as sunny and warm as we had expected. It started out very promising but around lunchtime the sun suddenly disappeared and only came back by the time we had to get back to the house so I could prepare dinner.

“Mountain Road”, oil, 14" x 11"
This morning, Janis, Hélène, and I drove to St-André where we took the road past the school up the Monadnock. We found a great space where we were partly sheltered from the wind, and stayed there the whole day. Later Sharon and Bill joined us by chance. All five of us were painting the humongous rocks in front of us and all of us ladies also painted the view down the road where a maple had turned red.


For dinner, I prepared a vegetable pasta casserole which entailed a lot of cutting vegetables. As dessert, I offered the wonderful strawberry-rhubarb pie that I had brought from the Black Walnut Bakery in Cumberland. I would not have had enough time to prepare the dessert myself.

Tonight, Bill is playing the guitar for us, and the rest of us is taking it easy with puzzles and reading. After finishing my travelogue, I will continue to felt the water lily I am working on.

It is hard to believe that the first half of our trip is already behind us. Time really flies when you are having fun!

I hope you have fun following my adventures. If you enjoy my blogs, I encourage you to subscribe to the automatic email delivery of my weekly blogs.

Golden Days of Fall, acrylic, 8" x 10"

My painting sale is still ongoing. To find out more about it, please go to my website www.KerstinPeters.ca or to my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/KerstinPetersPaintings/.


For all of you in Canada and all Canadians abroad, I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving with family and friends celebrating the abundance of life.


No comments:

Post a Comment