Dog

Dog

Friday 27 January 2017

Creativity Challenge Week 4

Blog 4


I already finished week 4 of my creativity challenge to work on an artwork on every day of January. Unforeseen events took overhand. An unexpected chance opened a very different career move. Starting next week, I will start work half days as a German instructor after I studied hard and passed a teaching certification last week. Due to the new circumstances, I did not create art every day. Sometimes, I continued the work I started before, but not necessarily the one from the previous day. Most of the time, my schedule only allowed me to create a quick sketch. On the days when I was able to spend more time on my creations, I got out my felting materials or picked up the brushes.

The last couple of days, I was more productive. Here are the projects of day 20 to 26:

Day 20:

Together with my student, we spent an hour drawing a still life of a soft teddy bear and two vases. It was a quick setup that appealed to us. We enjoyed drawing the contrast of the smooth vases and the soft furry bear.

Day 21:

I continued the work on my squirrel. All four legs are now attached, and I started the work on the details of the paws.





 Day 22:

I worked  a little bit more on the squirrel. While I searched for more wool, I opened a box I had taken to Montreal at the beginning of January. I found the start of my new dachshund felting done on January 7. I had completely forgotten about it with everything that was going on.

Day 23:

I spent a lovely sketching day with my friend Bob at the Museum of History. It was quite disappointing that the whole Canadian History Hall is completely closed for renovations until July 1. However, the view towards Parliament Hill was nice. It was a great spot for sketching from a sheltered area! The chairs in the Grand Hall were so comfortable that we were lucky that we only found out when we put them back that they completely reclined. Who knows if we would have ever started to sketch otherwise.

I finished the following four sketches.


1. Sled dog

While waiting for Bob, I drew the sled dog from the display above the admission area. However, I was not as concentrated because I did not want to miss my friend, and it showed in the drawing. I reworked some parts at home.

2. Parliament Hill

Drawn from the comfort of the Grand Hall, we spent quite a lot of time on sketching the Parliament Buildings.

3. Inuit from the installation of dogs with a sled above the box office

We found a quiet spot on the upper level with a great view onto the platform with the sled. This was a quick sketch at the end of our visit.

 










4. People on the bus

Usually, I enjoy drawing when I am riding the bus because it helps me not to get motion sickness. However, my ride home happened at the begin of rush hour. Drawing was quite difficult because my view got blocked over and over again by people standing in the aisle with their big bag packs.








Day 24:

While updating my calendar, I realized that my monthly newsletter would have to be published the following day and not as I had assumed the following Wednesday, which is already February 1. With all the excitement in my private life, it had almost slipped from my radar. Luckily, I had part of it already written, but I was busy finishing it. If you would like to get a closer look behind the curtains of my business, you can subscribe to my newsletter at the bottom of on any page of my website www.KerstinPeters.ca.

I encouraged my students to create their own character according to Pokemon Froakie.





Day 25:

Another busy day with trying to get things organized for my start of work. Appointments had to be rescheduled, the car insurance changed, resignations for my volunteer positions had to be sent, and unfortunately, I also had to cut down on my privately scheduled art workshops

While taking photos of my sketches from Monday, I felt I could work a little bit more on the sketches from the bus. I am much happier with the way the dreadlocks look now on the one female portrait.





  Day 26:

Almost finished
“Felting Fun” had to be cancelled because my car broke down. I still managed to spend some time felting today, but I missed the company of my fellow felting buddies.


 



Second layer

Both my “Felting Fun” drop-in as well as my “Drawing with a Twist” classes for beginners will continue as planned on the fourth and second Thursday of the month respectively. We meet from 1:30pm to 3:30pm. For more information please contact me at kpeters@DomingoInformatics.ca.


No comments:

Post a Comment