Dog

Dog

Friday 13 January 2017

Creativity Challenge Week 2

Blog 2

This week marked week number two of my creativity challenge to work on an artwork a day for the month of January. This does not mean that I will create a new piece every day. Sometimes, I will continue the work I started before. In these cases, I will share the progress I made from one day to the next.

It was a very busy week. Nevertheless, I took the time to be a little creative. Definitely not as much as I would have liked. However, I am sure I would not have done it, if I had not challenged myself to try to do some art every day. I hope that I will finish the squirrel for next week and will finally get some painting time in.

Last blog, I shared the first five pieces with you. Today, you see my projects of the next seven days.

Day 6

I drew the delicious cake that my sister-in-law- prepared for us. I had to hurry because it did not last long. Later, I used some coloured pencils to bring out the colours of the different berries on the cake.



Day 7

I worked on my squirrel. I finished the front legs.



Day 8

This time, I grabbed my sketch book at the movies. Only a short sketch before the start of the feature movie of the guy in front of me.



Day 9

I created a drawing of Olaf, the snowman from the “Frozen” movie on dark paper as a demonstration how you can use simple shapes to create a character.



Day 10

I had a very busy day but managed to continue the work on my squirrel. Eyes and cheeks make my little critter look more like a squirrel.



Day 11

Another very busy day but I still made some slight progress with my squirrel. One of the hind legs is taking shape.




Day 12

My student and I drew a fruit still life with pencils.



If you look for ways to nurture your creativity, I encourage you to join us for some of the workshops I offer, especially the “Creativity & Me” workshops. These independent workshops give you a chance to try different art and crafts to find your own passion. I provide all the materials. You just have to be prepared to have lots of fun. The next workshop is on Monday, January 23, from 6:30 to 9pm. We will create a winter wreath. For more information please contact me at kpeters@domingoinformatics.ca or go to my website www.KerstinPeters.ca. The registration deadline for this workshop is January 16, 2017.


No comments:

Post a Comment